1) How many suspense films were released in 2009? How many films were released altogether last year?
31 suspense films and 503 in total
2) Action, animation and comedy account for 52% of Box Office in the UK in 2009. Why do you think these genres are so popular?
I think these genres are popular because of the target audience the film is geared towards and the fact that films in one of the above three genres usually have sub genre's of the other. An example of this is the film shrek, The genre which is animation & comedy by combining the two genres audiences are getting their favourite genres in on film making it more likely to be more popular .
3) why do you think Thrillers account for quite a low proprotion of UK Box Office takings (4% in 2009)?
4) Looking at the 'genre by gender' diagram , what information can be derived about Thriller audiences and gender?
That the target audiences for thriller / suspense films are slightly geared toward women
5) Look at the age certificate for 10 of the films featured on the teaching blog. What does this tell you about Thriller audiences?
The Ten films that i looked at were :
The Step Father - certificate 15
Marathon Man -certificate 18
Pelham 123-certificate 15
What lies beneath -certificate 15
Enemy of the state-certificate 15
Fatal Attraction-certificate 18
Deja Vu-certificate 15
The majority of certificates of the thriller are age 15 this shows that the target audience of thriller films is generally young adults .